Web & TV App Privacy
Last Updated: March 17, 2022
- Information We Collect. We collect the following information.
- Device Related Information. We collect IP address, device ID, cookies, user settings and preferences, operating system, and app version.
- Location Information. We may collect location information about your device that you volunteer or enable through the App or your device.
- Usage Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the type of content you view, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities, advertisement interactions and other usage information and performance data related to the Services and usage of them.
- Information You Provide When Sign-In. If you register for an account with us, you provide us your unique account name, your email address, password. You may also be able to register using your user credentials to certain social media sites, such as Facebook, Google+ or Twitter (“Social Networks”), and when you do, Social Networks will share with us information based on their privacy policies and based on your settings.
- Information You Choose to Share from Your Social Networks. If you choose to link the Services to your Social Networks, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter will share with us information from your Social Networks based on their privacy policies and based on your settings.
- Information You Provide as a One-Time Request. You may provide us with certain information when you submit a request or claim on our Apps or to us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information about you.
- Information You Provide When Advertising, or Posting a Job Opening or an Event. You may provide email, phone and other business contact information.
- Information You Provide When you are Content Provider. You may provide publication name, publication description, publication profile picture, publication coverage area, blog website.
- How We Use Your Information. Our primary purposes for the collection and processing of information is to provide our Services (to perform our contract with you), to improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services, to market the Services to you, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. Also, we may process your information where we have a legitimate interest (e.g., fraud prevention, network and information security, research (including marketing research), and direct marketing), and as you otherwise consent.
We will use your information in one or more of the following ways:
Performing Services for You:
- As necessary for the Web sites or Apps to function or provide you with Services properly;
- Automatically update the App on your device;
- Improve user experience;
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the App;
- Communicate with you about your questions, claims or technical support; and
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies, and send you information about features and enhancements on our Sites and Apps.
- Advertising Customization and Measurement; Marketing:
- Personalize content and experiences on our Services, including providing you reports, recommendations, ads and feedback based on your preferences, and measuring and analyzing that advertising (e.g., which advertising is more effective or engaging); and
- Marketing to you regarding products and services we believe might interest you
- Internal Research and Development; Quality Control:
- In the aggregate to help us evaluate and modify existing Services and to help us develop additional services that are likely to be of interest to our users;
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations; and
- To monitor quality control and ensure compliance with our legal obligations, codes and ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Security Detection, Protection and Enforcement; Functionality Debugging, Error Repair:
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, including our content policies and all applicable terms for our Services, or be illegal;
- Recognize repeat visitors and facilitate ongoing access to the Services; and
- Verify your or your authorized agent’s identity.
- Other uses about which we notify you.
- Information We Share with Third Parties.We will not share any information that we have collected from or regarding you except for the purposes described in “How We Use Your Information” and as described below:
- Software Development Kits. We may use our advertising partners’ software development kits (“SDKs”). Our Advertising Publisher Partners can access your information through the SDKs so that they can decide whether to bid on ad inventory or serve an advertisement and choose the best ad for you on the Services.
- Publishers. When you follow a publisher, the publisher can access your username, profile picture if you sign-in through a Social Network.
- Legal Obligations. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Notice to California Residents Regarding “Shine the Light” Rights. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civil Code section 1798.83) gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or to permit such residents to “opt out” of such sharing. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES PURSUANT TO CALIFORNIA “CCPA”
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
How we use these categories of personal information.We and our service providers may use and disclose the categories of personal information we collect from and about you for the following business and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law:
- Performing services for you;
- Advertising customization and measurement;
- Marketing to you regarding products and services we believe might interest you;
- Research and development;
- Improving our Services;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting violations of our terms and policies, security incidents, and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
Do not Sell My Personal Information
Some of these uses involve what the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) labels a “sale” of personal information. To exercise your CCPA right opt out of “sales,” you can follow the instructions on our Do Not Sell My Personal Information form.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you as well as the right to access, delete and opt out from the “sale” of your personal information. You also have the right not to receive “discriminatory treatment” (within the meaning of the CCPA) for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
The CCPA rights described above do not apply to information collected in the employment context about our current, former or prospective employees or contractors or to information collected about California business contacts (employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of companies, sole proprietorships, and other entities collected in the context of conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from, such companies, sole proprietorships, or entities). California business contacts have the right to tell us not to sell their information; please see below for how to exercise this right.
To exercise these rights, you can choose to:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “CCPA Request”
- In order to protect your information, we may need to verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Please understand due to very limited personal information we received, we might not be able to verify your identity and process your request.
Under the CCPA, you can also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
During the past 12 months we may have collected the following categories of personal information. This includes information that you provide to us directly, information we collect from you automatically, information that we collect when you interact with us such as through your online postings, and information that we may collect from third parties such as service providers, affiliated companies, marketing or data partners, or other third parties with whom you interact. It also includes information that we collect about employees and business partners and vendors from those individuals directly or from references, referrals or consumer reporting agencies. Not all information is collected from everyone who interacts with us.
- Identifiers such as contact information (your name, address, phone number, email or postal address), Unique Personal Identifiers (that may include but are not limited to your legal name or preferred alias and online identifiers like user account names), an encrypted version of your password, communications. We may collect additional information from suppliers, vendors, or employees including business contact information and titles.
- Commercial information such as transactions with us, billing, and product information (collected from contractors, service providers, vendors, advertisers, content providers and other business partners).
- Inferences we make about you or your interests based on analysis of other information we have collected.
- Geolocation information
- Employment, education and professional related information,such as resume information, professional service capacities and qualifications, protected classification information, biometrics (collected from current and prospective employees, contractors, service providers, vendors and suppliers).
- Other types of personal information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of first collection.
- We use the information collected for our general commercial use as detailed in section 3 above.
During the past 12 months we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to the following types of third parties for a business purpose as further described in “Information We Share with Third Parties” above.
- Affiliated companies:We may have shared identifiers and commercial information with affiliates for purposes of decision making, reporting, management, analysis and other business purposes.
- Service providers, publishers and marketing partners:We may have shared information such as identifiers, commercial information, geolocation, internet or other electronic network activity, and inferences with service providers, publishers and marketing partners for purposes of providing the Services to you, processing payments, legal and accounting services, advertising and analytics services.
- Other third parties:We may have shared any or all categories of information with governmental authorities, law enforcement or others to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our agreements, or to protect or defend the rights and property of our company or others.
- Nevada Residents Only. We do not transfer personal information for monetary consideration. If you would like to tell us not to sell your information in the future please email us at email@example.com with your name, postal address, telephone number and email address with “Nevada do not sell” in the subject line.
- The Security of Your Information. We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information.
- Data Retention. We retain the information we collect for as long as your use of our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
- Data Processing. Our Sites are maintained on servers located in the U.S., and your information submitted is processed and stored in the U.S.. If you are visiting our Sites from outside the U.S., please be advised that your information is transferred to the U.S.
- Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.